Pages

Monday, February 18, 2019

A thankful heart

Its easy to be thankful when things are going smoothly. But when things are pretty rough, there is no end to the pain or struggle, we seem to get drowned in the sea of distress

One of my many favorite Petra songs, that speaks to my soul anytime, is 'Thankful Heart'. What strikes me most, is the line that says, 'I have a thankful heart that You have given me And it can only come from You'.

So when I have trouble looking for what to be thankful for, I ask God, to give me a thankful heart- that only he can give, and then he opens my eyes, to see all the treasures I have! Life after death, a family, eyes, nose, heart, functioning fingers, toes, arms, limbs, family and so much more. Jotting down in a paper helps me everytime.

Out of a thankful, grateful heart, what bursts out? fear, anxiety?? NO!! Praise! Love, Joy! and all the fruits of the Spirit! No wonder, Psalmist tells about, entering the gates with thanksgiving and courts with praise! Psalms 100:4. You can't enter the throne room without that. I have made a habit now, to start my Quiet time, with just that! and it so kick starts any day!

With Jesus as our head, we have so much to be thankful about. His everlasting love, loving kindness, His compassion, His sufficient grace, and every spiritual blessings in Christ Eph 1:3!! Oh boy, isn't that something!?

No comments: