Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

God's blue print

I was opened to the truth by a counsellor in 2013. She asked me, if I knew what was God's plan for marriage.  Battered by Ephesians on 'Submission', I wasn't very sure. 
She showed me 7 nuggets, blueprint of God's original design for marriage from Genesis 1-3 chapter. 

1. Companionship. Genesis 2:20.
Husband and wife together (not alone) , as good companions all their lives. 

Opposite: Strangers, Incompatible, violent, suspicion. 

2. Helper suitable. Gen 2:18
Both encouraging and uplifting each other. 

Opposite: Independent, unsuitable, abusive. 

3.Leave and cleave. Gen 2:24
Leave their own parents - emotionally and be with the spouse. 

Opposite: Diffused, inclusive, Soul ties. 

4. One-flesh. Gen 2:23
Be of oneness. 

Opposite: Platonic, Unfulfilled, defiled. 

5. Transparency. Gen 2:25
Have nothing to hide. Be intimate and open to each other. 

Opposite: Guarded, private space, Defensive

6. Obedience to God  Gen 3:11
Love, obey, trust and follow God's word together. 

Opposite: Rebellion against God, Worldly pursuit, spiritual adultery

7. Fellowship with God. Gen 3:8
Commune with God together, enjoying in his presence! 

Opposite: No growth, stunted, Self sufficient, ungodliness. 

She then quoted, the devil comes to steal, kill and destroy, John 10,10.He doesn't want God's plan for your marriage to be fulfilled. 

Hence, we become strangers,  violent, defensive, unfulfilled, independent, abusive

Sin has marred the design God had planned. Devil plays havoc, if we give a foothold. So stand firm, resisting in faith. Wear your armor. Be on Guard. Submit to God. Resist the devil and he'll flee! 

She asked me to pray for God's original Design in my life. To pray over my marriage till I see all 7 points in my marriage. This I learnt again in MFL! Praise God. 

Do you see where you are lagging in your marriage. Will you pray for God's restoration on your marriage?  One that's so beautiful, free and fulfilling? 

No comments: