Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

The sprain

It was Tuesday morning. I was not in a hurry. But 2 of my girls were up.. and I know they'll be chattering for food immediately. My eldest was in bed, on the edge, in order to wake her up.. and get Lilybel some time to play, and especially off my hands so that I can get breakfast ready, I put Lilybel next to Amy. I stretched and must have miss calculated her weight, when I placed her slowly down, that I felt a sharp pain on my back. Yickes. I couldn't move.. I wriggled, and I was able to stand. 
The moment I put her down, she cried, and wanted me to carry her, so I had to stretch with the pain, and that's when I realised I couldn't lift her weight. My wee baby has grown!

That was it! After that I couldn't sit, bend down or stand. Bending down to pick Lilybel is so common, that I found it so hard for every small thing. Sitting down, was even worse.. Whichever position I sat, I had a shooting pain.  I remembered by brother, who had suffered from back pain earlier. It was so terrible.  I couldn't even lie down to feed the baby. Standing was much better. With 3 kids around, bending over to lift toys, books, or a chair was inevitable.

I realised, how thankful, I ought to be for the grace God had given me every single day. To walk, to sit, to lie down, to roll over, to bend over, to turn around without a second thought is grace! Pure grace of God.  God has healed me now. I can move around much better.. but I do feel the piercing pain.. and I know, what I should be doing. Thanking God for all that he had done! Never will I look down at anyone complaining about pain!

No comments: