Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Feelings

I learnt this lesson when I was 13. It was a girls camp, with the sunsetting on the beach, we huddled togethar, listening to Uncle Herbert as he taught us an important aspect of life.

'Don't trust your feelings', he said. Never, ever! 'Especialy for girls', he added. I am feeling sick, I am feeling tired, I am feeling sleepy. Remove 'feel' from the previous sentence. It makes proper sense.

Makes a lot of sense, coz feelings are not true. They play us around. They fool us into believing that, it is true. Its easy to be all tangled up, tied and cornered by our own feelings. Feelings of anger, hatred, jealousy, pain, just lock us up in a box, blocking us from going ahead, growing high and above.

At times, it is important to move ahead, inspite of all odd situations, inspite of what people say, and even what we feel. Faith sees beyond the obvious. Feelings mislead.

"We live by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7
Guard your heart. Prov 4.3.

4 comments:

Michel H Ashton said...

post is in sync with my current situation......

Michel H Ashton said...

Thanks Beu ....for reminding me something that ive long lost

Nebeula said...

:)Praise God. It puts me in the right perspective too!

Densingh Joshua Israel said...

Hey hi... Nice to remember the sandya time..... Feeling is not real. Good reflection, thank you for sharing.