Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

What's good about Good Friday!

I've had friends wishing me happy good Friday, and I had to say,  you can wish me happy Easter instead.  Then comes the question,  why is good Friday called good,  when it about the pain and suffering of Jesus and his brutal death?

Jesus died. I am alive. Killed. I am free. My curse is gone.  My anxiety, fear, punishment,  death is gone.  I am made his child.  I am grafted into his family. I now call him dad.

Why did he do it?  He loves me and the entire world.  His final plan to redeem the whole world.  But was he a victim to the Roman soldiers ? The Bible says he laid down his life.  He took the punishment that was due to us. 

He was pierced for our transgressions and the punishment that brought us peace was upon him.

Now every thing has a solution.  Every complex situation.  Every impossible problems.  Because Jesus died and he knows, understands the pain,  the fear, anxiety, death and he conquered it. 

And what's more?  He's alive!  His spirit dwells in us.  The God who made the sun,  the stars,  and makes the earth revolve in its axis in precision,  is in me!  Guiding me,  loving me,  caring me,  teaching me, hugging me every single day.

Oh how much good did that Friday bring to us!

No comments: