Pages

Friday, January 31, 2020

Dad and vegetables

I was sorting the vegetables my husband had got around 10pm. I was exhausted and there were 2 bags of vegetables. I was mad that he got so much on the middle of week. It looked like it would last for 2+ weeks.
I was grumpy and was telling why he had to buy so much when he could have gotten it fresh every week. Dad was nearby and he said, you should be thankful for these vegetables. He said arulmani annan would say that it is grace that vegetables end up in your home. From the farm to the market and then to our home. As he walks inside the market, he sees only God's grace and goodness all around.
I perked up to see him and nodded that I agreed too. He was right. Dad continued, 'once Gospel Rathan were on a trip and got enough rice for the journey. They thought they could get some veggies on the way. But they travelled nearly 500 kms, but couldn't find a single vegetables shop or a tea shop! I asked why? Dad said those people didn't have vegetables...
Must have been a dry land I assumed. Well, so I resumed sorting and storing my veggies in the fridge, thanking God for his mercies and grace for the veggies! 

No comments: