Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2020

In the gap

It's just a familiar verse. And since the corona pandemic this is the oft quoted verse. And I knew it ...but did I really? The message by uncle Mohan was an eye opener.
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 NIV
If my people,
The stress is on ' my' people, not others. Those who call themselves 'I know Christ', I have read the Bible, I am saved.' So the verse is for the believers! Well, that's something.
Who are called by my name.
Now that can't be more clearer. So it's all the Christians...those who have once in their lifetime professed to believe, love Jesus, read the Bible. God's talking directly to them.
Humble themselves.
What's new about this? Am humble, am I not? Well, pride is something that's God's against.  How much am I humble? Pride creeps up without our knowledge.. I know that...am far better. How much am I humble before God... I treat him as my Lord or just a casual friend, that I take him for granted?
Pray
I do this often... really? What do I pray about... My family, our health, my children, my parents, in-laws, siblings, my job, my husband job, peace, health...and of course for missionaries, kids that we support, and for the poor. So am covered here...well that's what I had thought.
1 Tim 2:1-4. Talks about praying for everyone. That all be saved. Not just that, but for the leaders, the ones on authority.. diligently... Not once in awhile. Consistently.  I had been like Jonah.  They deserve destruction Lord. Not mercy. My prayer had been thus lukewarm. God knows the best. He's a judge. But what did he want from me? To be like Abraham. To plead and stand in the gap. Until everyone is saved. What are the evil that I had bothered me, yet still brushed it away?
Bribe: when I hear it, it's disgusting..have to be given everywhere! To get things done.
Child abuse: kidnapping and abuse, women abused. Sex trafficking.
Dowry: worst evil. Nothing can be done.
Church politics: can only pray and turn a blind eye to all the fights.
Sex workers: again, can only sigh...and wish things were not that bad. How would my lil prayer help?
Poor/sick:just prayed that God be merciful to them
Not a regular prayer..just a casual talk or even a sigh! Not a prayer with faith for God to change!
Seek my face:
What's this...when you pray you seek God. But do I look at his hands or his face? That was strange to be asked. What's the difference? In  Luke, a grand procession of Jesus entering Jerusalem is recorded. Everyone were excited shouting Hosanna and happy..but Jesus was crying...he wept seeing Jerusalem... Nobody looked at his face...they were busy celebrating.. it's the same today.
God's grieving. He died for every sinner. He loves the sinner. He longs for the prodigal son to return. Ezekiel 22:30 I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one. He's looking for someone to stand in the gap...
Like Moses Numbers 14:1-20, Exodus 32:10-13, Numbers 12:13,Numbers 16:22, 45-4
Like Abraham Gen 18:20-33, Gen 20:17 
Like Samuel 1 Samuel 12:23
Like Joshua, Joshua 7:6-9
Like Esther; Esther 4:16
Like Job; Job 42:10
Like Ezra; Ezra 9: 3-15
Like Daniel Daniel :3-19
Like Nehemiah; Nehemiah 1: 4-11
Like King Jehoshaphat 2 Chron 20: 5-12
Like King David..2 Samuel 24:17

Turn from wicked ways:
Now what's wicked about me? My self! Always thinking about I, me and myself. Prioritising other things above God. Taking God for granted! Reading the Bible at leisure. Praying when I feel like it. Not really having faith that God can turn things over. Not being diligent enough. Turning blind eye to many things that should have broken my heart and driven me to my knees. Being lukewarm and lethargic.
So that's it... I saw where I was lagging big time. Do you?


Mohan uncle asked for a commitment of 1 hr prayer everyday. Diligently. If every believer does that, he'll in no time be a disciple! And that can turn the world around. That's the revival! But how much are we willing to obey?

No comments: