Pages

Friday, September 28, 2007

How costly is..

a smile? Looking at faces around me, is my fav past time.. Some are round, long, egglike, oval, grumpy, serious, sad , angry, weird, lost in thought, worried, upset, bubbly, lovely, sweet and strange..

When I cycle to school, I caught this habit of smiling at unsuspecting strangers.. My target were either kids, their moms, or old women.. never a guy...
The adults response were mixed of surprise, ranging from staring cold look to 'have i known her' look, but min'd u there are a few who immediately smile and then ponder, who, and then the 'do i know u look.. few even ask their friends nearby, was the smile at me or u, do i knw her, i think i know her and even turn back to get another look at me...
Compare it to the kids.. Many kids, smile instantly.. the sweet, innocent, lovely smile comes natural to school kids, poor kids.. Yeah, there are those, who like their mom's stare at you and give the ' my mom says dont talk to strangers'
Yeah, yeah.. its for a fraction of second, and I would have driven past them, but it is so beautiful.. My habit still stays, and its sad, that adults, do a lot of calculation before they can see eye to eye and s.m.i.l.e! And it is heredity too... coz my mom's sweet smile radiates wherever she is !

Some songs I love...
SMILE, smile , Jesus loves you (3) for you are so precious to Him!
Jesue wants me for a sunbeam, to shine for Him each day. Over the hills and the valleys, to shine for Him each day, A sunbeam, a sunbeam, J wants me for a sunbeam, I'll be a sunbeam for Him!
"SMILE it improves yr face value and it costs you nothing! "- From VIVIDENT - a dental clinic.
"It takes seventeen muscles to smile and forty-three to frown."

1 comment:

Kingsly said...

:)
I ll try this pass time...:)