Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Xtra eFX

It was thursday eve and my colleague was saying it was raining cats and dogs.. It stopped me for a sec.. for whr i live gets flooded even for a 15mins downpour..
I wound up as fast as I could and headed out of bldg4 Mcity. It was pouring mad..with the distant lightning and thunder.. The Infy umbrella which easily holds 2 people got me wet in a matter of secs.. The wind was strong enough to push me down... I ran to the bus, along with few many people.. threw the umbrella out after landing one foot on the bus.. And that's when I wondered, how it would be in railway station.. without the infy umbrellas...

Hoping the rain would slow down, we started. The bus took longer than usual.. or was it my impatience... bus came to a stand still.. but where's the station?? It was blacked out.. The rain, was even more heavier with the wind and the thunder scaring the wits out of us.. I mumbled a quick thankyou to a poor security showing a torch light to show us where the staircase was.. Without the lights, it was hard to see where the steps were.We all ran up and down the stairs, dripping wet..

The railway station sheltor, already held some 100 infy folks... prev train was late?? .. I got into the middle of the crowd, trusting, that would keep my shivering body, from the cold menacing wind and the rain drops. All I could make out was black silhouettes around me. It was soo dark and the lightning brought light as powerful as the sunlight to show the station and the people in it.. It was so bright.. I have never seen lightning that real before.. I have always been indoors and I was told never to see one to safeguard your eyes.. But that day was different.. You have nowhere to hide.. and the lightning comes without warning. Light travels faster than Sound. Its not a theory.. Its true. So before the thunder thunders, we had no option but to witness the power of lightning streak.. a thick white streak up from the sky to the horizon below.. lighting up the whole night sky.. beautiful but yes very scary..

There were oooooohs aaaaaaahs.. and folks tried to turn the otherside to avoid seeing the lighting, only to see another one on the other side.. before we could react, the thunder roars.. It was so scary.. Powerful Lightning that can blind you, roaring thunder that could deafen ears and the heavy down pour of rain, coupled with the strong prevailing Wind... Wuf.. It was so much to grasp all at once.. No mobile camera, could capture what we witnessed.. We all sighed a big relief when the train atlast came to our rescue.

We seem so powerless, before these mighty displays of God's creation... What makes us think, that we are any better.. ?

When He rolls up His sleeves He ain't just putting on the ritz(Our God is an awesome God)There's thunder in His footsteps And lightning in His fists(Our God is an awesome God)
Our God is an awesome God. He reigns from Heaven above, With wisdom, power and love, Our God is an awesome God

No comments: