Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Pretty lips!

Me and my bro have always fought on who resembles mom, dad the most. Bro has mom's coarse thick hair. I have dad's silky and mom's long hair. We all have huge long dad's fingers and toes. I have mom's scanty eyebrows. Bro has dad's voice, and I have mom's. I love bittergourd like dad. Bro has belly like dad. I have dad's eyes. I can go on.. You may be surprised, but we have even measured the length/height/width of our noses, ears and lips and the fight just intensifies!

Last week, I got mad at my bro. Mom has beautiful lips and a very cute smile.And none of us inherited it! We all got Dad's big lips, but here he ( bro) was, biting more than half his lips ( I should say 70%) and then making a statement claiming that he has mom's pretty lips! We had a pretty good fight!

All said and done, but it makes me wonder now, how much of mom, dad's character we have inherited? Their sweetness, strength, patience, love, or atleast their orderliness??
Now, here comes the bigger question, how much of character I own from my big dad??

"..the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control" Galatians 5:22-23

1 comment:

Densingh Joshua Israel said...

hmmm... good fight and nice comparison.... keep going... God bless.