Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Rescued from disaster

We were on the way home from East Tambaram on Sunday night around 9 PM. Amy was in the back seat and Andrea was goofing around in the front seat. They just had a fight with the two papers that Amy had colored. Amy was afraid that Andrea will throw the paper out of the window. So with her screaming, I closed Andrea's passenger window, and then turned on the AC midway.

Just as I was nearing the MCC College Signal, Amy said, 'Mom! Look the door is open!'. My heart skipped a beat, as I saw the door opening and dangling. I crouched and grabbed Andrea's arm. The vehicles were going past, and I could see people's astounded face in bike, and auto- saying, look car door is open and a kid inside. My stomach churned. I had to shift gear and slow down, move to the last lane, and stop the car, before being hit. And before Andrea goes out of the door.

I can only say, God saved us from death. Somehow I slowed down, and moved to the left lane and stopped. By then a guy in a bike, kicked and slammed the door shut. I am just thankful for guarding us that night. Saving us from impending disaster. I can't imagine the 'what if' she hung on the door.. what if she fell.. what if a vehicle hit the open door..God protected us and saved us.
For he will command his angels concerning you, to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. Psalms 91:11

No comments: