Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Wearing the armor!

Imagine walking with a friend, and suddenly he/she trips and falls down. What will you do? Walk on? You stop and help them up... This is the image, God taught me. As a family, as husband and wife, you both are walking, and what if he falls, will you complain, grumble and keep walking or help him up?

Believe it or not, we are in a spiritual battle daily. The attacks are real. May not be life threatening, but you have daily attacks. You worry, you fear, you regret, you lament, you are disappointed, you are confused, you are impatient, you are angry.. and what not.

So during my Quiet time, and after I've been to throne room.. I go to the dressing room.. to get dressed with the armor of God.

Lord, I wear the Helmet of Salvation, I remember by your blood I've been made clean. I take captive every thought and make it obedient to you. All thoughts of fear, worries are blocked from my head. By your blood I am cleansed and so fill my thoughts with praise and thanksgiving.
I pray that I hold on to the Shield of Faith. When life throws googly at me, I don't waver, I don't doubt, but stand firm on the faith I have in you.
I pray that I use the Sword, which is the word of God. Remind me of your verse, help me to put into practice daily.
Wearing the Breastplate of Righteousness, I pray that I will remember it is only because of Christ's righteousness I stand, and not because of me. Help me to clothed in humility and be a servant leader.
As I wear the Belt of Truth, let me remember that you are truth, and that I will represent you in my life.
Wearing my shoes, let me be ready anytime, to boldly tell the Gospel of Peace, in season or out. Give me the right time, right place, right words, and seize the opportunity at all times.

Do you know what your spouse is going through? The struggle is real. The fear, confusion, the pressure, the loss, the stress on a day to day basis, the worry, regret,the pain. What can you do for that? You don't need to feel helpless!

The beautiful thing the Bible talks about family, way up in Genesis 2 is that they are ONE FLESH.. So that means, you can pray for your spouse, as for your own body!

Now, once I am done wearing it, I pray the exact same thing all over my husband. My guy is quite tall, and wow, what a soldier he would make, with all the shining armor! All 6 of them.

So we stand back to back in the thick of the battle. And I know if one of us falls down, we can lift each other up. The beauty of the armor is all 6 of it is God himself. Salvation, Word, Truth, Gospel, Righteousness, even faith heb 12:2! There is nothing required of us, except to use them and stand! Daily. And what a relief it is!, once you wear and make your husband wear. No matter if he's overseas, or in terrible situation, or worried or troubled, you can't preach to him, or change him in anyway, but you can just pray over him/her with the armor, and sleep as a baby in the arms of Jesus!

and here's by 2010 blog on the same subject.. tips to memorise easily !

No comments: