Pages

Monday, March 18, 2019

Saved again

This is the third incident since a month.
The second was when I slowed down to let a lorry cross me and his tail end, hit my bumper in front. There was a loud noise. In the heavy traffic, was unable to stop anywhere, and by God's grace, no harm to us or much for the car.

This sunday, it was about 9.30 PM. I had both the girls in the front car seat. Giggling and dancing, they were poking at all the buttons on the dashboard. I quickly turned of the engine and took the key, afraid they might meddle some more. I got down to lock the gate, and came to find the girls jarring on the car horn. I chided them and raised my voice and that made them scoot. I was angry that they were not helpful, their bag, shoes, water bottle was on the floor. I knelt to pick them up, and went to the back seat to grab my bag. That's when the car moved.

Shocked I quickly got down, but the car was moving. Unable to comprehend, was even more surprised to see the car going down the ramp and hitting the iron gate. The gate gave way and it was going down hill. I was dragged along with the car, as the back seat car was open. The car gained speed, going down the ramp, and God somehow pushed me away from the door and the path of the car. I had to run, but once I was away, I could turn and see the car in reverse going in good speed, crossing the road and hitting the neighbor's wall with a loud thud. BANG BANG. It was so loud, I could see people looking out of the windows, lights turned on and people from my apt coming down the stairs, to see what the noise was all about. I was shocked. I was angry at the girls. I drove the car back to the parking, and then looked what happened to the car. The bumper behind was all crushed and turned outside.

Since we don't have much space, the car stands on the whim of the ramp. Amy says she touched the hand brake and that Andrea stood on it. Given the safety feature on hand brake, it isnt easy to get it down, unless Amy had played with the button and pulled up and Andrea walked over it. Whatever it be, it was God who guarded the girls from being out of the way and me from falling down and from keeping anyone being hit on the road. I shudder to think what could have happened.

Under his wings we take refuge. Thank you Lord!

No comments: