Pages

Monday, March 18, 2019

Amy3

For someone who thought I would never have a baby to having 2 was  no less a miracle. My husband being obsessed with a baby boy, led me to 'want' a baby girl. And God answered both my prayers. 

My husband's desire to be blessed like Jacob to have a large family was ridiculous to me. He had 4 wives. Go get yours was my anger. I have even blurted it out to my mil on the day my lil girl 2 was born.

Though the major fight we had in our marriage was related to the boy thing, God changed my husband and he was a loving father and husband to my girls and me. The girls adore him. I was happy we didn't separate or live as single mom as I thought my world would be.

He still wanted a boy.And third was ridiculous. Isn't it. So I prayed to change his heart. Then I knew it was me in steering wheel.so I prayed, Lord change him or me. As days went, I happened to meet lot of 3 kids mothers. I was like what's this Lord. You are supposed to give friends to my husband and convince him that 2 itself is hard. 
My daughter's classmates 3 of them had 2 siblings. My fellowship folks 5 of them.had 3 kids. School friends 2 of them.

Then I said OK Lord I give in. Knowing my body I know it was a miracle with the first two. So if you really really want me, give me and the strength to carry it. And so I conceived. But unfortunately in 7-8 weeks there was no heartbeat and i ended up miscarrying. It was heartbreaking. I knew I couldn't ask why, but I was sure he knows best. So then I thought my guy will leave me alone. Looking at how I suffered and how my body was beyond recovery.

It seemed ridiculous to everyone around me. Friends , family. We had two kids..life seemed back to normal. But my guy wasn't done yet. So I was back to the same prayer, as all my arguments ended up, in him answering, don't you trust God? ! I do! But. There was no but.

We also had nearly 30+ girls in our fellowship group waiting on their baby...My request list was increasing..and seeing them waiting for so long , for years together was discouraging... And I was regularly praying for few daily. I know a baby forming is not just a wish of a wife or husband...nor the doctors or medicines or any treatment...it is a gift from God. It is a miracle, how all things come together at the perfect time and bring it to life...How life is sustained in the uterus...and how each organ is formed and the heart beats...the tiny fingers, toes, brain, stomach, eyes , nose, mouth, stomach, lungs...

So I surrendered myself to God...if it's your will, you better give me the strength that's needed. I don't want to fight over it with my husband. I can't be praying for my friends, when I have a rebellious spirit with my husband. And God gave me peace over it. Over all the ridiculous stare and exclamation over our 'third'

So here I am after 18 months later, with a lovely baby. I am 38 and God made it possible! It was an easy thing in the eyes of our God.  And he has blessed us with a baby  girl! And my husband now enjoys  being around with  the trio. So i know for sure God has a plan for our third. And also that there is nothing impossible for God.

No comments: