Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Comparison.. <>!

I have 2 naughty brats as nephew. However hard I try not to, I endup comparing their behaviour either good or bad. I have 3 brothers, and not even once have I heard my mom compare them. I haven't seen her compare anything/anyone for that matter. Be it in cleaniness, behaviour, studies, friends, relatives, our house, neighbours, our pets, our vehicle, our way of living, anything.

In this world where everything is relative, Logical, physical or emotional, its a wonder how she had no 'greater than', 'lesser than', 'shorter than', 'better than' or any superlative. I think it shows the strength of character. To see above the obvious and to treat everything/everyone unique, and with respect and accept them as they are.

When would I learn that?!

2 Corinthians 2 : 12a " When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise. "
17 "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord"

No comments: