Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Counting...

3 fishes in our fish tank ( aquarium) died one after the other on 3 consecutive days - just the week after mom left us. She often used to complain, that none of us fed the fishes as regularly as her. We did try. The next morning, I rushed to our fish tank and counted the number of fishes. Thank God nothing was floating. It became a habit from that day onward.

Last week, two, 2 year old gold fishes died for no reason. Mom's favorite fairy tailed fishes. May be they missed mom badly as us. I have decided not to count them every morning. What am I trying to do? Count and keep them alive?

How long do you think, you and I can live on this earth? Max 100 years? I can see you laughing. Ok, max 50 or 40 years? Well, how best can I leave this earth? Enoch, and Elijah of the Bible are the only ones I knew who were taken away to heaven 'jst like that'. Other than that, what are the other ways of reaching the other side? Quick as in an accident? Or slow as in a sickness? Sounds bleak. But that’s the reality. It’s no use thinking about that, but to enjoy each and every day of what we got and make it worthwhile.

Psalms 90:12 Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom

No comments: