Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Have u been kicked?


Three months ago, I wouldn't have appreciated that question. But that day was different. It was Tueday evening, the day before the Independence day. Most importantly a holiday. Many left early that day, and I was rearing to go. I had someone in my desk. That's when I felt a tap. TAP,TAP... TAP, TAP.  I paused mid-sentence of whatever I was talking and then continued. I quickly finished the meeting, and touched my belly.. Was it really?

I was excited.. the tapping stopped short however.  I felt it again the same day, several times infact. It is weird, crazy and funny feeling.  The effect of seeing many alien movies, comes to my mind. I remember my second scan, when the doc, pointed to the screen and said, there is the eye, the fingers, the legs, and the hand... I was like, are you serious? 1. It was black and white. 2. I could hardly make out anything that the doc said. Nevertheless, that was my lil baby.. Just getting formed.

I have drastically changed.  My bro got two pretty kurti's from FabIndia- XS size, and I fit into it so snugly (6 mths ago).. made me look nice and tall.  I no longer fit into S, M, L these days! XL is comfortable. XXL is much too comfortable... and it is just 5th month.  I wrote to my friend, that my cheeks are like donuts..  My engagement ring, doesn't fit anymore..  My belly is like a balloon... Oh it is all so funny... The changes that happen 'in' me. Being tomboyish all these years, I don't think, I have given any thought to how I am. Now the flurry of things happening do excite me.

Oh I pity men.  For the first time in my life, I am really really happy that am a girl,.. ahem a women.. a mother..  and not a man. It is complicated. quite complicated, but to know, that a guy can't feel or understand it, makes me more proud!! hahaha

Psalms 139: 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, 16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book     before one of them came to be.

No comments: