Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

Lame excuses

It was Sunday morning, I had milk in the stove, and as I looked up at the morning sun way up from the window, I realized I was processing. I wasn’t admiring the sun, the sunshine or the pretty flowers that wave just outside the stove window. I wasn’t even thinking about the milk or Amy. I was processing ‘why I wasn’t in church’. I had too many reasons. Could I have gone? I think yes, it was just amy and me at home. I am known for getting ready, and getting Amy ready in less than an hr. So what were my excuses- Still plenty. 1,2,3,4,5,.. I can tell you it was not in sequence. It was all jumbled up, and I had every reason to stay home.

To give you a sample – Amy slept at 2, Amy woke up in the middle. She’ll be cranky if I wake her up. I have to feed her something. Meaning I need to cook something. No time. Feeding Amy will take time, and it is already late. Service would have started. She will play with people around her. She won’t let anyone listen to the message. She will be cranky. She may sleep in my bike. It is too hot outside.

Huh. It may be true. Or half true. But even then, it still is pretty lame. Lol. I dint even have anyone to give these lame excuses to, but still the mind processes.

When I see around, I see lot of people that way. With excuses. With very lame excuses. Not doing what they can do. Getting up early is one good one 

Excuses are aplenty. It is funny- how your mind works- even before something happen.. if you are not ‘inclined’ to it. What are you giving today?

No comments: