Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Lesson from the Gideons

"Who stays awake all night in a prison? " Gideon asked. He is a dear friend from TCS. I blinked, thought and said, "The guards". Its the same, when we have a hurt, anger, bitterness or resentment over someone in our life. The other might have no idea about it, while we brood over it constantly. Best way, is to get reconciled, before the sun goes down! Lesson for life!

And sarcasm, he challenged us to say one joke that doesn't hurt anyone. ONE joke. We were around 8 of us, and we couldn't! Surely there should be atleast 1. But he said, a joke always is targeted at someone. It sure hurts, no matter how funny it sounds to all around. I resented, said, I am the butt of most jokes, but I don't take it heart.. But he made me realise, that though I don't have a grudge, I do feel hurt and let it subside.. The more I am pulled, I get used to it, and become hard inside. It just aint healthy!

"Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath" Ephesians 4:26-27:
"Turn away from godless chatter.." 2Tim 6:20
"..if you make fun of someone you’re ruining someone’s life.." Nick Vujicic, lifewithoutlimbs.com

No comments: