Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

99 years!

Last week, my bro and I standing on mom's tombstone, listened to the caretaker saying that road that led there, was on lease only for 99 years. Up propped the question on our heads, 'what after that?' He seemed to have read our thoughts. He said, 'You aren't going to be here, neither am I. None of us here! '

Isn't strange, that all that we have, all that we are, all that we work for,isn't going to be here '99 years'. My lyricist bro, started singing out a song. My bank balances, my house, my car, my education, all my dresses, my shoes, my family, my friends... huh ho.. Nothing is gonna be here for 99 years! I wont be here, neither will you.

I Corin 7:29-31
What I mean, brothers, is that the time is short.... From now on those who mourn, should live as if they did not; those who are happy, as if they were not; those who buy something, as if it were not theirs to keep; those who use the things of the world, as if not engrossed in them. For this world in its present form is passing away

2 comments:

Michel H Ashton said...

Hey Nice one Beu

"All these gonna passeth away,
When t'is life is gonna be taken away,
Keepeth me god from any faith sway,
Showeth me sign boards on my way,
Though i am little fey,
Take me Home on thy way"

Nebeula said...

Beautiful!! Thank you!!

Keep writing!