Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Getting into the groove...

Disclaimer: This is a personal note, just for me. It contains minor stuff, which are silly. So plz skip it.

I hate change with all my heart. But in 4months, I have had a rollercoaster ride, in all aspects, and I have enjoyed it. Now, as I un-learn lot of things, to get back to my old normal life, I look back to see what I saw different ..physically, emotionally, spiritually.... Here I go!

Getting back to an(my) apmt with no furniture, no bed, and no tv, no one to talk to, but fastest internet, I've ever seen. Drinking water from the tap. Wearing socks and shoes everywhere. Eating with fork( No spoon!). Milk from a bottle. Tea/rice/pappad from the microwave. Coke, with a glass full of ice. No water, but just tissues in the lu. Tubs and no buckets. Freeway, lanes, complex bridges,rules followed to the book. No one to talk to, in my own native tongue. Unlimited cool drinks in all restaurants. Food that would cost to treat for the entire family, you have on yr plate. Everyone smiles. In the parking lot, in the elevator, in the park! Walk in the park next to my apmt. The walk over the road, on a single trail bridge. The bright sunny day,yet with the cold shivering wind. You never sweat. Wild flowers by the roadside. Cars that are so comfy. ( I was shocked to see our car, back home. It seems shrunken!!). Walgreen, Kroger, Walmart, Target- just seem to have everything under the sun. Ice tea, pizzas,burgers, hot dogs,cream, cheese, chips,meat, salads are so common. The long walk to the church in 40F (4 deg C). The hugs. The no -hunt for a seat in a packed church. Shirts and pants -loved it!. Hair let loose( Cousin itt), and never braided....You drive everywhere. No bus, no train, no powercut, no dust, clean air, clean roads , no messy traffic jams, no crowded trains/buses... no flowers on hair..there are many more....

The only one that never changed was my God. He was/is the same.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the build up to the final line was fantabulous...was like a screenplay to a movie

Michel H Ashton said...

adding to my above comment....
most of the other posts also sound the same :) ....good work

Nebeula said...

Haha!:) Thanks for reading!

Sangeetha James said...

Very nice one. I enjoyed reading it...