Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Best of both worlds

Am an ordinary girl, from an ordinary family. Nothing fancy.

Lately I've been cribbing a lot, lot of work, late night calls, early morning catch up of mails, handling escalations- trying to blow off the fire, before it catches up. A hurried breakfast, calls back to back, different stakeholders, skipping lunch, calls again, and ha, status reporting to everyone involved, catching the last bus home,a meagre dinner, and hardly having time to catch up at home.

My 2 year old, can't tell me clearly, but she expresses her thoughts in different ways. temper tantrums, anger, biting, and ensures she stays awake, till late night. so we get to sleep at 12 or 1 AM every day, and I catch the 7 bus. With not much of a sleep, I am stress prone, frustrated with so many things heaping on my to-do list. Not to add, my baby-sitter's wrath, for not being home on time.

So at the height of it all, I told my boss, I can't do it anymore. I am not made of that material. Its not even a month into this new project, and am already exhausted.

I read Varsha's blog yesterday http://infybubble/personal/varshabv/Blog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=2&SortBy=RECENT&FilterValue1=FEATURED. I guess that did the trick. I realise that actually I am having the best of both worlds, like Hannah Montana! I love working, I love being a mom ( with all the shortcomings). Lot of ups and downs, but yes I do love the morning breeze, the cool of Mcity trees, the flowers, the people, the silence at 8 AM, and the hustle bustle with lync, webex, the voip, the webapps, the team and the portuguese! and I have a kid in 'terrible two', who can forgive me as quick as a blink of an eye. ( the other's are not that promisable), but hey, I am alive and kicking, so nothing worse yet!

So to all the working women, working wives, working mothers out there! Hang on!

The roller coaster ride is exhilarating! but you wouldn't wanna miss it for anything!

Enjoy the best of both worlds!


- Originally written in Infybubble. 26 Feb 2015

No comments: